I took the plunge for the second time and signed up with Amazon to be an affiliate. The idea is to earn commissions for referring people to Amazon to buy books I review on my website.
The process is simple
The process was fairly simple. I like that you do not have to be approved by a third party.
Persistence will pay
I learned to keep trying. I signed up for another website. I did not make any sales. It was my own fault for not putting my store ID code on the first website. Haha. Persistence will pay off though..
My Strategy is simple
My strategy is to review books that are already selling well for well known authors. That is not my only strategy, but it is a big part of it.
Five steps to Being an Amazon Associate
1. Fill out the forms. Put in your website name and your own name. Get your store Id code to put on your website. Use only alphabets and numbers, no hyphens etc.
2. Answer questions about how you advertise. Offline, social media etc.
3. Answer questions on how and where to send payments.
4. Verify your ID. add your telephone number. You get a call to get your PIN number. Enter your PIN number.
5. Earn. You have 180 days. If you have no earnings by then your sign up will be discontinued. Do not worry . You can try again with a different website. You can have up to 50 websites.
Amazon is #1
Amazon is the #1 retail website. It is trusted. Becoming an Amazon Associate is a good place to start. Amazon has millions of products to sell. As you help promote different products, you get commissions for sales. It is a win win. Focus on the type of products you like and understand. Don’t focus only on the money you will make.
Wealthy Affiliate is #1 High Paying Program
Another program that is high paying is Wealthy Affiliate. It pays over $100 average commission and is very high quality. You should check it out. You will be sorry if you don’t.