I discovered a great online proofreading course. It is called Proofread Anywhere. The website is proofreadanywhere.com.
Online Proofreading Course Review
It is very complete and helpful. It not only gives you the skills to proofread like a pro, but al;so shows you how to get clients. This is the number 1 ranked proffreading website. The owner is Caitlin Pyle. She has over 10 years experience in proofreading. She had to overcome some serious challenges. She created this course to make your own journey smoother than hers.
Do You Have What It Takes?
How do you know if you have the ability to be a proofreader? Would you like to make $17 an hour for general proffreading?
1. You need to love reading. If you don’t love reading you will probably need to do something else.
2. Does it bother you when you see typos in a book or a magazines? If typos bother you, you probably have what it takes to be a successful proofreader.
3. Do misspelled words bother you when you see them online or in a book?
4. Do you dislike your long commute to work? Proofreading can be done from anywhere.
5. Are you fed up with the 9 to 5 routine? If you are then proofreading could be your answer.
What is Proofreading?
Proofreading is about reading texts to detect and mark errors to be corrected.
Proofreading is Not Editing
Editing is about making changes to texts not just detecting errors. Proofreaders do not make changes to texts but look for errors in spelling or punctuation for example.
Much of this information came from the webinar on the proofreadanywhere website.
What Does a Proofreader Do?
1. A proofreader has to read the document. This may sound obvious but… it requires s-l-o-w-i-n-g down so that you don’t miss anything.
2. A proofreader must find the errors. This may seem obvious too but therre is more to it than it appears.
3. You must Mark the errors. You need to use marks to show where the errors are and what is wrong.
4. You must return the document. This means getting it back to the client not when you feel like it but when the clients needs it.
Is the Market Saturated?
No. In 2016 there were 75.6 million active blogs . There are also at least 890,524 books published globally in a year according to www.worldometer.info/books/. There is a new book published on Amazon every five minutes This means there is plenty of work for great proofreaders with real skills.
If you are not willing to invest in your education then you will not succeed as a proofreader, But if you are there is plenty of work.
This is good work for people from college students to reirees. There are many proofreaders in these two groups and other groups for sure.
I think you will find the training offered to be very reasonable for what you get. Most others offer less for a lot more money. One website asks for $189 per year for a small portion of the course.
I would recommend proofreadanywhere to anyone who is serious about getting the skills needed to make money in this field.
Please feel free to comment on this post. I did a lot of work to finish this. i hope you like it. Any questions? I will answer as soon as possible.
Also feel free to mention this post on social media. Thanks in advance.